HomePortfolioVintage Wedding PhotosAdventuresFavoritesCollectionsMy EtsyEvents

Monday, January 2, 2012

It's time to clean out my closet but I can't get rid of these!


I know it's that time of year again when I need to clean out my closet but I just can't bring myself to get rid of my old favorites. The boots with this outfit just kill my feet but this outfit just makes me feel so skinny!
What's a cat lover to do but join them! I can't 
get the kittens to leave my feathers 
alone when I wear this!
A little understated but still a doozie, 
just love all those stars!
OK, so I was channeling my inner Medusa 
when I wear this, a girl has the right to get 
testy every once in awhile!
Is this what they call a bubble butt?
 Junk in the trunk? 
I call this my Lucile Ball outfit. 
Remember the episode when she tries to be 
a showgirl and she keeps falling down the stairs??
Well what else is a girl suppose to wear 
to a fish fry?
"On the shores of gitchi goomie........", 
or something like that.
OK, well this one may have to go, 
the horse does take up a lot of room 
even though he is stuffed!
I know, I know, it make my but look big but,
 I can dust the house in one swoop!
 This is a summer pants outfit, 
you can use the hat as a fan!
 This is a double-wide fan built for two!
Of course I have enough outfits for larger parties too! Can't you just see Me, Charlene, Karen, Diane, 
Dawn, and Rhonda. No last names here!!! 
And for Trisha with her cat sanctuary, 
I can't leave her out, 
I have enough outfits for a whole kaboodle of kittens!
And for that rowdy Round Top gang, 
you know who you are, 
these outfits I'll save just for you!
Now these outfits I have saved for all my Junior League friends, they're a bit more classy don't cha' think?
Like birds of a feather, 
we bloggers stick together!
~Ziegfeld Follies Photos

19 comments:

EllenaElizabeth said...

Great photos...thanks for sharing. I love the 3rd photo and the balloon photo the most.

gracie said...

Oh my, thanks for the tour...loved it!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I'll take the bubble butt one!

LuLu~*xoxo

trash talk said...

Ya know...I've been looking for just right look to make a grand entrance at the spring show and I do believe #9 will do the trick. Now if I can just get Cat Daddy to be the horse I'll be in business. 'Course he's already the back end of one...just don't tell him I said so!
Fun post.
Debbie

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Oh how fun! I mean Seriously....what else does a girl wear to a fish fry? Soooo...when I need something to wear to the Junk Gypsy's Prom I know who's closet to come raid!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, my goodness! I think we need a bigger closet! And since I'm a Diane...I think I'll pick out my outfit in that line up! Happy New year! Makes me want to go to a costume party! ♥

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

Oh what fun. Just loved No. 3, something about all those stars. Thanks for the fashion show.
Hugs Jackie

Sue K said...

LOL...I thought I'd die laughing!! Great post and great way to start the new year!! Thanks for the good giggles to get the day started!

Charlene said...

OK!!!!!!!! I'll help you clean your closet if you'll help me!!!! But, we have to agree that Jan Armntrout CAN NOT come over while we do it!!!! She'd purge it until we had NOTHING to wear to any event!!!! Hee Hee. I had a morning alone & all I did was read magazine's & play on Pintrest & NOW............. he's on the way home & wants to know "WHAT'S FOR LUNCH" Gaw........................ I married him for supper not for breakfast & lunch!!!! Gotta dash sista! LOVE YA!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Amazing photos! Love the girl with the balloons.

Danielle

just me... jan said...

Okay darlin'.....why bother gettin' rid of ANY of it???? You're the freakin' Queen of storage lockers! Just go rent another one...isn't there an old saying "after two who's countin'???? And in 20 years when you're sittin' on the couch playin' with imaginary marbles and a young relative goin' through your paperwork discovers said lockers, YOU'LL be the next hourly special on "Hoarders"!!!! It'll be your 15 minutes of fame sweetie!!!!

just me...gazing at my orderly closet...yes, I'm just that good...jan

C'est moi Claudette said...

LOL... I guess I'll be one of the rowdy ones. Even though I'd probably like to be a kitten, I'll stick with rowdy.
I'd keep them all. Take over hubby's closet and call it a day.
LOVE it
xoxoxoxoxo

Lisalulu said...

I LOVE these pictures... and would LOVE to make costumes like that...but where does one find enough feathers!!

red.neck chic said...

*giggle*
I LOVE THIS POST!!! And I'm wondering where your closet is 'cause I wanna come play dress-up! LOLOL

Happy Happy New Year!!!
xoxo
robelyn

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Oh, Cindy, I think you should definitely keep the balloon ensemble. I does not make your butt look big ~ it just represents your "bubbly" personality!

LOVED this. You do make me laugh. When are you going out on your comedy tour? I want tickets for the front row seats!

Ciao bella,
Suzanne

Conversations with the Muses said...

Meeooow!!!! Love the kitty outfits! I think the cats might be a little afraid though. My hubby would want his back scratched all the time with those nails! The outfits the kitties would absolutely love would be any of them with the feathers. They would follow me anywhere! Though by the end of the day I would look more like a stripper or a horror show victim from a chicken ranch!
Great post! How fun would it be to have a Zeigfeld follies party!!
You're a hoot Cindy!
Kitty kisses,
Tricia

Bohemian said...

You crack me up... well, now I know whose Closet to raid when I feel as though I have nothing interesting to wear! *winks*

Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog right here! Additionally your web site loads up fast! What host are you using? Can I get your associate link for your host? I wish my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol
Staedtler Karat Premium Quality Soft Pastel Chalks, 2430C24

firefly819 said...

THANK YOU. I NEEDED YOUR HUMOR TONIGHT.
I HAVE COLLECTED ZIEGFELD IMAGES AND VINTAGE CLOTHING FOR 30 YEARS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE JUDICIOUS DECISIONS ON HOW TO CLEAN OUR MY CLOSETS. YOUR HUMOR PUT IT ALL IN PERSPECTIVE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...