HomePortfolioVintage Wedding PhotosAdventuresFavoritesCollectionsMy EtsyEvents

Monday, March 19, 2012

Paper Cowgirl Workshop with a Rowdy Bunch of Cowgirls!


What a great adventure in Waxahatchie Texas! I went to the Paper Cowgirl Creative Round-up and had a blast creating with old friends and finding new ones to add to that potential BFF rolodex! Cindy Mayfield corralled 45 women into a scrapbook holding pen and tried to get us to all behave and listen to our teachers. Did it work? Of course not! We were like a barrel of monkeys gone wild but, we did listen to the teachers well enough to finish our projects!

This is KarenValentine's beautiful cream and white  lace covered journal that we adorned with buttons and vintage flowers. It was great to complete this journal before I left. My plan is to write about all the workshops I participate in and a description of the classes. It's so easy to forget the little tricks and creative techniques you learn, so I have written notes on all my projects.

This was Dawn Edmonson's class, and to quote Cindy Mayfield,"her "Peat Pot Nest Baby" class is a class that will make you smile. I can tell you this, she is the sweetest most genuine person you will ever meet. She was an angel straight out of Georgia! This class was so fun because everyone had their own little twist to their pea pod. A little bird here, a crown there, made everyone's different and unique.
Donna Goss was our teacher/wrangler for the little crown class, and it was adorable! It turned out smaller that I thought, about 8 inches high but it is perfect for a Christmas ornament or even a party favor to put at each place setting at a luncheon or Birthday party! They were pretty easy to make so these will be on my project list for the weeks to come!
Lisa Mcilvain's altered book was beyond wonderful! I wish I could share all the photos of this book but the best shots of this book can be found on her blog Tarnished and Tattered. I didn't finish this project because I needed more images, but this book is something I also plan to make more copies of for special friends.
The second night in Waxahachie we had a shopping night in downtown! The shops and Antique Malls stayed open late and welcomed us with snacks and drinks. Everyone was so welcoming and greeted us with smiles all around! We all bought up the shops as best we could!!
After another day of classes we all went to, "oh sigh," another night of shopping! The preview night of  Petticoats on the Prairie had us all scrambling for vintage flea market items and gifts galore!
It was sad to say good-bye to all of my new friends but all good things must end.....until the next one! When this event comes around again next year I will be putting it  on my calendar again!  

7 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Hey lady....so nice to meet you! You don't need to wait until next year, Wicked Tea is in October. It's a but different in format, smaller & more intimate but still a blast! Regardless, we need to rustle up some trouble before then. ;)

Cindy said...

As I told one class, it was like herding cats. LOL. But always great fun. LOVED the smaller group this year, just felt like I got to know everyone better. Was so fun to meet you, anytime you come to 'Hachie, give me a shout!

hugs,
c

C'est moi Claudette said...

Well that looked like fun Cindy. I bet it was hard to concentrate. You attend a lot of those don't you? I have no where to put things like that around this small cottage of mine. I had to draw a line.
Such imagination these lady's have Cindy. WOW.
GLAD you had fun gf.
xoxoxo

Rebecca said...

Hello
Just dropped in to see how PC went and suffer over all the fun you gals had. I wished I could have gone but maybe next year God willing. Thanks for showing us a little bit of what you girls did, I enjoyed it!
Blessings
Rebecca

Charlene said...

What a blast!!!!! Missin you already! Talked to Bomb Chick today & she said to tell you hey! HUGS!

Attic Rat said...

I would love to meet Dawn. You lucky bugger!

Teresa

Attic Rat said...

I would love to meet Dawn. You lucky bugger!

Teresa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...