HomePortfolioVintage Wedding PhotosAdventuresFavoritesCollectionsMy EtsyEvents

Friday, September 23, 2011

Practical Magic Party Poem


The Aunts were known for their potions of love
they would secure it's bound by piercing a dove.
They grew weary of taking the life of the birds,
so they went to the toy store, neither said a word.

So when women would come begging to possess a certain man, 
The Aunts would do a little spell, and a witchy slight of hand.
They'd pull out a toy, kinda like the one in the book,
Shut the eyes of the women, took their hands and shook!
The women were so convinced that the 
spell did take,
they went out the next day and 
ordered the big cake.
The Aunts would laugh and thought 
if it's meant to be,
they'd end up together anyway,
 no harm that they could see.
Little did they know that their spell 
had "kinda" worked,
All the men fell in love, 
but turned out all to be jerks!
The Aunts sighed and went back to the book.
then looked at each other with a peculiar look.
They decided it's not possible to find a man without many flaws,
they're hairy and stinky and 
eat like beasts with claws!
So, instead of having a blue light special 
and accept their returns,
they told the women, bring back your man, 
show us your concerns!
The women gathered in a gaggle 
like geese all over the lawn,
their men at their heels, their patsy and pawns.
When the Aunts said today only,
 you can exchange your man for another,
They looked at their men, then one said,
"well he is nice to my mother."
The big pot was boiling waiting 
for someone to exchange,
when the strangest thing happened, 
the kettle started to drain.
The women looked at their men and thought, 
what is this game,
They were flawed, and not perfect but, 
theirs all the same.
No one knows if the Aunts still dabble in love,
We'll only find out if there's a shortage of doves.

To go back to the party:pmparty2011.blogspot.com
I Hope you enjoyed your visit! Come Back soon!

32 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love your witches story and your antique wedding images are amazing. : )

Unknown said...

How Cute!!

Sara said...

love the poem, and the wedding photos are wonderful, thanks for the comment on my blog. Hugs Sara

LuLu Kellogg said...

These old photos are amazing!!!

Have fun at Round Top! Wish I was going to be there with you!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Bird said...

Oh Cindy I just loved your poem! What fun you had and I got a very good laugh and some wonderful smiles out of it. Thank you so much. You made my morning. :-)

A bright and beautiful autumn day to you,
Bird
http://birdsearthyspirit.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a wondefuly fun poem and I love all the vintage wedding images. Do you think on that last one that a bit of her bouquet fell to make that eerie kind of waterfall effect with the leaf?

Fun poem and oh so true! Great PM Post.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful poem and lovely pictures.
Have a magical weekend.

Michelle said...

I can't decide if I'm more in love with the pictures or the poems!

Pabkins said...

Oh this has been one of my favorite posts so far - I love all those photos!

Linda said...

I enjoyed myself 100% your party was amazing and I loved all the photos. The poems were so much fun. Thank you for sharing it all. Please visit my party when you have a chance:
momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The photos and the poem are bewitching! I wish I had thought of this idea.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What a fun poem, Cindy! And I loved all the vintage imagery. :) Enjoy the rest of the Practical Magic fun! Please feel free to come and visit with me, too. :)
http://faeriemooncreations.blogspot.com/2011/09/practical-magic-blog-party-2011.html
Sincerely, Theresa

Lisa said...

Well you are clearly more clever than I in the poetry department! Hope you can stop by my enchanted oven and share some PM cookies.
Hugs,
Lisa

Victoria said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for visting my PM blog party post. I love your blog, and your PM post. Love the old photos and your poem is just amazing in its creativity and wit!

Blessings,

Victoria from Brushstrokes

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I LOVE your wedding photos, especially the ones with all the veiling and the huge bouquets. Love, Linda

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Beautiful Practical Magic Party Post. Wonderful photographs. Thanks for visiting me too.

Blissfully,
Sue

Jane K said...

Loved everything about your post, the beautiful vintage photos and the delightfully witchy aunts story.

frith
J x

Tamara said...

Ooooh this was wonderful!! The poem was awesome and the pictures so beautiful! Thank you so much for the visit. :) Have a magical day.

Edith Schmidt said...

Lovely lovely idea and the images are just wonderful!!

Conversations with the Muses said...

Well if that wasn't a kick! Cindy you are so much fun! LOVED the poem (wonderfully creative and a great sentiment!) and adored all the vintage photos! Thank you for stopping by my blog an your always very flattering comments.
I didn't get your message on etsy unless it was one a while back about making a wreath which i thought I answered?! I am loosing my mind,, well actually it has been gone a while now along with my youth. Here's hoping the hair holds out, it's the one good feature i have left! LOL!
Blessings to you!
Tricia

Susan said...

That was something completely different! love the vintage photos :)
BB,
Susan

Ricki Treleaven said...

Hello, I am visiting form the Practical Magic Blog party. :D Lovely poem, and incredible photos...where did you find them?

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy, Your blog is beautiful, love the post and pictures, thank you for visiting me and your nice comment, you can buy my clothes at www.victoiantailor.com, We actually just finished a photo shoot yesterday and will have new items and photo's up soon! Blessings to you, Celeste, The Victorian Tailor

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy! I absolutely love your poem, and what fabulous pictures !Very creative! Thank you so much for visiting my post. I will be visiting with you again!
Chrislyn

Charlene said...

YOU are sooooooooo funny! LOVED your post!! Wish we were shopping together!!! I have serious Boo Boo Face! HUGS!
Charlene

Candy said...

Hi Cindy, it was a joy to meet you a the blog party the other evening. It was my first time to THE BIG SHOW and to be greeted so warmly by you was a treat. Hope you found some sweet wedding things.
Blessings ;-)

Melanie Statnick said...

Always enjoy visiting your blog. Lovely post

Melissa said...

Lovely post! So beautiful with the wedding pics!!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Meanderings

Sarah said...

Your wit and humor is so refreshing! And your collection of wedding photos is amazing!

Petunia said...

Hi Cindy, I think I smiled and giggled through your entire poem. That was too fun and I love your collection of vintage wedding pics. So perfect with the words. Thank you so much for being a part of this event and for sharing a wonderful post :)

Anna

Olive, the Queen of Everything said...

Hello, Your poem is delightful and charming. So is your entire blog. Thanks for your comments on Olive the Blogging Corgi. I plan to continue to visit your blog. J

annaleehodges said...

I'm completely enamored with your blog! I can not wait to check out your post archives. I also adore the way you did your PM post, original and oh so darling.
xo
Annalee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...