HomePortfolioVintage Wedding PhotosAdventuresFavoritesCollectionsMy EtsyEvents

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An Affaire at Tiffany. It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

Have you ever dreamed of a palace covered in pink and teal blue where you could be silly, be creative, learn new projects, laugh until your stomach hurts and make wonderful new friends?
Well then this was the place!! Kim Caldwell's event ,"An Affaire at Tiffany", had a theme based on the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and she did everything perfect. From the decorations to the vendor night where everyone put on their finest Audrey attire, we all felt so special and pampered, no one wanted to go home.
I got butterflies in my stomach just seeing my place setting.
My bestest friend, Charlene Gray was my roommate and partner in crime for this event. We made great roomates! She's the reason I went to this event and I can't thank her enough. We had the best time and didn't even get tired of each other! She didn't even mind my over use of hairspray!
Holly and Karla have been coming to this event for years. They're both very talented and so fun to be around. I have been to several events with Karla but this is my first with Holly. She's now in my good friend roladex for sure!
Ah, and there was Vickie who just charmed us all! This was her first time to the event as well and just bowled us over with her swap projects. We would all wait and wonder who would get her swap because they were so beautiful and over the top. Her jewelry box was to die for!!
Adorable Tiffany Dixon spent the entire time taking photos of us crafting, acting goofy,(which we did a lot), and posing of course. She is one of the sweetest most down to earth women I have ever met and her photographs are fantastic. After photographing over 60 wild and crazy women for days on end, she went home where she has her photography business, The Fancy Farmgirl. Her photos of girls in petticoats and cowboy boots are precious. It gives new meaning to senior photos!! I would love to have her take my photo any day!
Elaine Smith and Lauren Conrad were so much fun. They both live in Austin so I plan to drive down and spend some more time with them. Elaine is known for her doll creations and has been teaching for years. I'm hoping we can talk her into teaching a class for us!
This was our scrapbook/journal project. Our instructor was great and gave us the freedom to do what ever we wanted, and she made this so much fun! We were slapping paint, putty, and everything else we could find onto our books. Mine didn't quite look like this when I was finished, but close enough!!!
This was our lampshade class and it too was a lot of fun. This was my table mate's Rochell's. This photo does not give it justice! She used a vintage teal and white hankie on one side of the shade, and the panel in this photo had her grandmothers glove sewn on. She was so creative and imagineative and she sat next to me so everything I made paled in comparison to hers!
This was one of the evening bag swaps, this one was made by Karen Hillman, so no wonder it turned out so cute. The bag was plain when she bought it and she added all this bling!
Just adorable
This was the jewelry box that Vickie made! I told you she was over the top. Is this not beautiful! You should have seen the box that she had this box in, we were all in awe! Elaine was the lucky one to recieve this swap, lucky lady.
Another jewelry box masterpiece. Everyone put so much effort into their swaps and Kim made sure everyone could enjoy the excitement of each swap being opened.
This is Rita and Michelle swaping their evening bags. Michelle slipped a monogramed "R" flask into Rita's purse and it was filled! Michelle said it would be just rude to give someone a flask without something in it! 
This is one of the bottle swaps. This one was made my Michelle Duke as well. Talk about BLING! It looked even better in person.
The tiera swap was crazy. Everyone was going crazy to see what everyone got. I grabbed Molly to get a photo of this one, isn't it grand!
Karen Frances and her dress form swap. It was almost as big as she was!
After all of our classes and the mess was cleared we had a pajama party and watched,"Breakfast at Tiffany's" and ate two tons of candy! Kim had set up in a beautiful blue and white candy bar. I wish I had photos but once the doors opened the candy was gone in a flash!
OK, m-a-y-b-e Charlene might have been getting tired of me by now. But it was too fun just to mess with her anyway.
Our fearless leader, Kim Caldwell. 
I'm sure she went home and plans to sleep for a week after putting together the event of the year! I cannot thank her enough for a beautiful event that I will remember and cherish the memories forever. If you have ever considered going to this event, don't hesitate next year when she has another one. It was perfection! Thank you Kim!

11 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness I wish I could have been there! I love all of it...thank you for sharing so I can pretend like I was there with you all!

~Trisha

C'est moi Claudette said...

Over the top celabrationfs Cindy. I feel like I was there in spirit.
My favourite part is the PJ party. I would have been right at home.
Super bling, super hostess. .
So happy you and Charlene were able to be roomies.
It's 3:30. Can't sleep. Excited about Charleston in the morning.
Love you.
Xo

very merry vintage style said...

That looks like tons of fun... what a beautiful event and gorgeous creations!
Mary

bumblebee said...

I want to sign up for next year.... let me know cowgirl the details when they become available....love your blog. hugs bz

trisha too said...

that looks like it was amazing, indeed!

:-)

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I would love to have been there, this looks like it was such fun - and the swaps were astounding! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Just Gorgeous, Thanks for sharing.

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like so much fun. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I just found your blog and I'm lovin' it. I'm your newest follower. It's so nice to meet you!
Julie

Charlene said...

OH WHAT FUN WE HAD!!!!!!!!! It was indeed over the top! And I'm in for next year. BRING THE HAIRSPRAY! Great post! Love YA

Sandy Navarro said...

OMG, I know you were runn'in amuck everywhere and lov'in every minute. So glad you gals had a great time. I might just join ya'll next year!

Hugs,

bumblebee said...

hello cutie, I just added your button to my blog! yippee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...