HomePortfolioVintage Wedding PhotosAdventuresFavoritesCollectionsMy EtsyEvents

Monday, May 20, 2013

Velma and Madge were the best of friends......

 Velma and Madge were best friends forever
through thick and thin, in all kinds of weather.
 They were showgirls for life, there was nothing better,
Their costumes designed, usually with feathers.
 They're thick as thieves their mothers would say,
You can't tear them apart to this very day.
 They've lived the bright lights, the glamour a must,
But today they're content without all the fuss.
True friends till the end they say with smiles beaming,
on each others shoulders, they'll always be leaning.

Dedicated to all my wonderful caring friends who hold my heart.

4 comments:

just me... jan said...

Sweet rhymes from a REALLY sweet lady...I've been thinkin' 'bout you a LOT lately darlin'...we've GOT to get together one of these days...what's your schedule lookin' like?
just me...missin' your smile...jan

FredaB said...

This post was wonderful. Made me think of old friends and how we shouldn't let friends get away from us.

Must contact a few.

Hugs
FredaB

Conversations with the Muses said...

Ok... you really are a riot! You have a gift for rhyming and find the BEST old pictures! I love the sentiment also. So very true! Our friends are our true treasures in life, not our stuff!
Thank you my treasure for a lovely post!
Tricia

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh to have lived a glamorous life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...